Six Tips for Safely Teleworking
Working from home has been something new for most of us lately. However, teleworking involves certain risks that we must face and put in place certain security measures.
Here are some tips to help you work safely from home:
- Separate personal information from professional information. Maintaining a certain order on the computer is essential, therefore, it is recommended to create different user accounts.
- Install an antivirus system and make regular updates to the operating system. The correct maintenance of the devices allows creating barriers against possible threats. It is also important to have the antivirus updated.
- Use USB sticks or download files with caution. Your computer contains confidential information, therefore, download files only from reliable and/or official sources that guarantee the security of the equipment.
- Review web pages, links, attachments, and emails. These days, electronic fraud and misleading web pages have multiplied. Make sure of the origin of everything we use before clicking.
- Use appropriate tools to transfer information. Always send confidential information through corporate mail or tools enabled by the company. In addition, the Internet connection is one of the most critical points, therefore, the use of open or public Wi-Fi should be avoided.
- Ensure that the company provides you with the necessary tools for the development of your work. Companies must make collaborative tools available to their employees.